Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled, stability storage services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Food Science industries across Ireland and Europe. Due to expansion, we are recruiting for a Delivery and Operations Technician to join our team in Waterford.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
Our purpose-built facility in Waterford, offers walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
The Delivery and Operations Technician role offers the opportunity to build your experience across operations and quality. Working as part of a busy Operations team, you will report to the Stability Lead and perform sample management activities when not driving.
The Delivery and Operations Technician role
- Collecting, loading, delivery and return of samples to customer sites throughout Ireland
- Co-ordinate with the Operations team to ensure we are meeting delivery deadlines
- Ensuring paperwork is correct for each delivery
- Driving company vehicle in a courteous and safe manner with regard to other road users and in accordance with road legislation, company policies and procedures
- Receive and check customer deliveries to Q1 Scientific, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with customer requirements, regulatory and quality guidelines
- Take responsibility for retrieval, packing and delivery of samples back to customers
- Perform daily checks on stability cabinets/room conditions
- Ensure the facility is kept clean and equipment and maintenance schedules are maintained as specified by the QMS
- Liaise with external consultants and contractors
- Provide general admin support and any other duties as may be required
- Ensure that all activities meet the quality standards specified by the Q1 Scientific QMS and in accordance with cGMP standards
- Review completed documents for compliance to specification and ensure all entries are complete
The successful candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- A full clean driving license with 3+ years’ van driving experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment (this is desirable and not essential)
- Previous experience picking and packing materials within a busy manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Experience using an inventory management system
You must have a good attention to detail with:
- Good MS Office skills
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- A positive attitude to work and a willingness to take ownership of projects
This is a full time, permanent position based in Waterford. Hours of work are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday – Friday, with a requirement to work outside of these hours either earlier or later.
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time join us as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 8 years, taking the total unit footprint to 20,000sqft.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers free onsite parking, benefits and training opportunities.
This position has now been filled. If you are interested in other opportunities at Q1 Scientific, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org