Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled, stability storage services for pharmaceutical and medical device companies across Ireland and Europe. Due to expansion, we are recruiting a Logistics Coordinator to join our team in Waterford.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
Our purpose-built facilities in Waterford and Belgium, offer walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will coordinate between customers, logistics partners and our operations team to ensure prompt and correct movement of samples. Reporting to the Stability Lead you will receive ongoing coaching and training.
- Communicating with customers about the delivery and return of their samples while delivering all samples within the agreed timeframe
- Planning and coordinating the most effective transport and delivery schedules
- Taking responsibility for vehicle planning and allocation of the fleet to locations
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure correct and prompt movement of customer samples
- Reviewing and managing customer shipping requirements and import/export documentation
- Interpreting customs regulations and ensuring compliance for international imports/exports
- Communicating with customs authorities and brokers in relation to customs clearance
- Managing transport records as per our quality management system
- Managing relationships with 3rd party transport providers and evaluating performance
- Signing off and confirming logistics/transportation invoices
- Utilising data analysis to identify logistics cost saving initiatives
The successful candidate
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years’ work experience in similar logistics or supply chain role with:
- Experience working to standard operating procedures in a regulated environment (this is desirable and not essential)
- Experience managing customs documentation with a strong knowledge of customs procedures
- Experience managing relationships with external logistics partners
- An organised and methodical approach to work
You must have a good attention to detail with:
- Advanced level Microsoft Word and Excel skills with the ability to produce graphs and reports
- A good work ethic and be willing to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- A positive attitude to work and a willingness to take ownership of projects
Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- Hours are 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time to join Q1 Scientific as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 10 years, taking the total unit footprint across Waterford and Belgium to 50,000 sq ft.
- In 2020, Q1 Scientific won ‘Contract Services Company of the Year’at the Pharma Industry Awards and was shortlisted for the same award in 2021 and 2023. In 2021, Q1 Scientific was awarded ‘Business of the Year‘ at the Waterford Chamber Business Awards and shortlisted for the same award in 2023.
- Q1 Scientific was acquired by Cambrex in June 2022. Cambrex is a leading global CDMO that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Cambrex’s team of over 2,200 experts has over 40 years of experience serving global clients from sites in North America and Europe. Thanks to the range of career prospects at Cambrex, there are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and progress your professional development.
- In 2023, Q1 Scientific opened a second European stability storage facility in Europe. This expansion into Belgium complements Q1 Scientific’s existing footprint in Waterford, Ireland, and is consistent with Cambrex’s strategy to expand its portfolio of specialised solutions for pharmaceutical development and manufacturing across North America and Europe.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers benefits such as
- Family health insurance
- Excellent pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Career development and training opportunities
- Free onsite parking
To apply for the Logistics Coordinator position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.