Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled, stability storage services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Food Science industries across Ireland and Europe. Due to expansion, we’re recruiting an Operations & Quality Technician to join our team.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
Our purpose-built facility in Waterford offers walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
The Operations and Quality Technician role offers the opportunity to build your experience across operations and quality. Working as part of a busy Operations team, you will report to the Stability Lead while performing sample management and quality activities.
The Operations and Quality Technician role
- Ensure that all activities meet the quality standards specified by the Q1 Scientific QMS and are in accordance with cGMP standards
- Review completed documents for compliance with specifications and to ensure all entries are complete
- Produce and manage quality reports around deviations and CAPA measures, including updating SOP’s, Work Instructions and Forms, etc.
- Receive and check customer deliveries to Q1 Scientific, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with customer requirements, regulatory and quality guidelines
- Take responsibility for retrieval, packing and delivery of samples back to customers
- Perform daily checks on stability cabinets/room conditions
- Complete equipment calibrations, temperature and humidity mapping (training will be provided)
- Ensure the facility is kept clean and equipment and maintenance schedules are maintained as specified by QMS
- Liaise with external consultants and contractors
- Provide general admin support and any other duties
Requirements for the Operations and Quality Technician role
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years’ work experience in a temperature-controlled storage environment (retail or warehouse), regulated manufacturing or pharmacy environment with:
- Experience working to standard operating procedures in a regulated environment (this is desirable and not essential)
- Previous experience in picking and packing materials
- Experience using an inventory management system
- The ability to complete quality documentation/reports
You must have good attention to detail with:
- Advanced level Microsoft Word and Excel skills including the ability to produce graphs and reports
- A good work ethic and willingness to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- A positive attitude to work and a willingness to take ownership of projects
Hours of work
- This is a full-time, permanent position based in Waterford.
- Hours of work are 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday – Friday, with some requirement to work outside of these hours.
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time to join us as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 9 years, taking the total unit footprint to 30,000sqft.
In 2020, Q1 Scientific won ‘Contract Services Company of the Year’ at the Pharma Industry Awards and was shortlisted for the same award last year. Earlier this year, Q1 Scientific was awarded ‘Business of the Year‘ at the Waterford Chamber Business Awards.
Q1 Scientific was acquired by Cambrex in June 2022. Cambrex is a leading global CDMO that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Cambrex’s team of over 2,200 experts has over 40 years of experience serving global clients from sites in North America and Europe. Thanks to the range of career prospects at Cambrex, there are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and progress your professional development.
During the first half of 2023, Q1 Scientific is opening a new 20,000 sq ft cGMP facility in Belgium.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers free onsite parking, benefits and training opportunities.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org